Births, marriages, deaths and nationality How to arrange a civil partnership

Civil Partnership ceremonies at other venues in Manchester


It is possible to hold the ceremony in any approved venue in England and Wales. A range of venues have been approved by Manchester City Council for marriages and civil partnerships.

Most of these venues are not religious premises.

See our list of ceremony venues. (non religious premises)

It is possible to hold civil partnership ceremonies in religious premises. The premises must have applied for, and been given, approval to hold civil partnership ceremonies. (Please note that the ceremony will still be a civil ceremony, not a religious ceremony)

Details of religious premises currently approved to hold civil partnership ceremonies.

Please note that the civil partnership can only be formed at the venue you name on the notice of civil partnership. If you were to change the venue it would be necessary to give, and pay for, fresh notices of civil partnership.

If you choose to form your civil partnership in a licensed venue you will need to book a registrar to attend. This can be done up to two years in advance of the ceremony. Please check that a registrar will be available before confirming your booking with the venue.

To book a registrar, please contact the Register Office. You can send us an email with details of your request and your daytime telephone number and we will phone you back as soon as we can)

You will need to pay a non-refundable deposit, of £40, when you book.

More information about the ceremony and fees.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.