Money off council tax: household with one or more full-time students and other qualifying discounts

This form is for full time students and apprentices, youth trainees, school or college leavers, foreign language assistants and persons in receipt of child benefit.

You can give us the details of up to 10 students on this form. If you need to tell us about more students we will tell you how to do this when you have submitted the form. 

If possible a resident who isn't a student should complete this form.

Before you start, make sure you have:

  • the full name of each resident
  • the full address and post code
  • the date each resident moved in
  • the date the tenancy started and is due to end
  • Specifically for students:
    • if any resident is a full-time student at one of following universities or colleges, you will need their student ID number to submit this form:
      • British and Irish Modern Music Institute (BIMM)
      • Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
      • Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM)
      • The Manchester College
      • University of Bolton
      • University of Manchester
      • University of Salford
    • if any resident is a full-time student at another place of learning, you will need to upload their current council tax student certificate, or learning agreement, when you submit this form
  • Specifically for other qualifying discounts:
    • if any resident is not in full-time education, you will need to upload the required evidence to prove they are an apprentice, a trainee, a foreign language assistant or a person in receipt of child benefit 

Please make sure you have the right information and/or documents for each resident before you begin this form.

Using this form:

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page.

Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on.

Questions marked * can't be left blank.