Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on Sunday.

Read our tribute.


Schools, education & childcare School place appeals

If you do not get your preferred school, and you think there are special reasons why your child should go there, you can appeal to the independent education appeal panel, which is not part of the Council. If they decide you have a good case, they can give you a place.

Appeal here if the school is in Manchester.

If the school is not in Manchester then appeal to the school's local council – even if you applied on Manchester’s online form and we’ve written to say you didn’t get in.

Complete the form for each school place offer you want to appeal about. You can only appeal about a place at a school you have applied for after you have been refused a place in writing.

Your child has to attend school, so they should take the place they have been offered while your appeal is dealt with.

There are different rules depending on the age of your child.

These schools arrange their own appeals. You need to contact the school directly. Do not use this form:

  • King David Primary School
  • King David High School
  • The Manchester Academy
  • The Communications Academy
  • William Hulme Grammar School Academy
  • Wright Robinson College.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?