Schools, education and childcare School place appeals

If you don't get your preferred school, and you think there are important reasons why your child should go there, you can appeal (after you have been refused a place in writing) to the independent Education Appeal Panel, which is not part of the Council. If they decide you have a good case, they can give you a place.

We can help if the school is in Manchester. We can accept appeals for nearly all Manchester Schools (the few that we don't accept are listed at the bottom of this page.)

If the school is not in Manchester then appeal to the school's local council – even if you applied on Manchester’s online form and we’ve written to say you didn’t get in. If you'd like more information about making an appeal, you can download our guidance for appealing a school place.

Complete the form for each school place offer you want to appeal about.

Your child has to attend school, so they should take the place they have been offered while your appeal is dealt with.

There are different rules depending on the age of your child.

These Manchester schools arrange their own appeals. You need to contact the school directly. Do not use this form to appeal decisions from:

  • King David Primary School
  • King David High School
  • The Manchester Academy
  • The Communications Academy
  • William Hulme Grammar School Academy
  • Wright Robinson College.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.