Evidence of rent can be any of the following.
All documents must be original documents, not photocopies.
- Your tenancy agreement.
- Your rent book.
- Letter from your landlord.
- Letter from your agent.
The evidence of rent must include the following information.
- The full name and business or home address of the owner of the property.
- The full name and business address of any managing agent.
- The date the agreement started.
- The amount of current rent you are charged.
- Details of what is included in the rent, for example, heating, lighting, cleaning, water rates, meals, personal care, general counselling and support.
- How often you must pay the rent, for example, every week, every month, every four weeks.