Manchester City Council

Benefits & support The evidence you need to send us for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Evidence of rent can be any of the following.

  • Your tenancy agreement.
  • Your rent book.
  • Letter from your landlord.
  • Letter from your agent.

The evidence of rent must include the following information.

  • The full name and business or home address of the owner of the property.
  • The full name and business address of any managing agent.
  • The date the agreement started.
  • The amount of current rent you are charged.
  • Details of what is included in the rent, for example, heating, lighting, cleaning, water rates, meals, personal care, general counselling and support.
  • How often you must pay the rent, for example, every week, every month, every four weeks.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?