Manchester City Council

Telephone problems

There are issues with some mobile phone networks reaching our contact centre, we are working with the networks to fix this. There are no issues with land lines or the website.


Homes & property Housing support to live independently

Help to set up and run a home

If you're not coping well on your own, or you're moving to a new home, we can give you a helping hand.

We can help you:

Set up and run your home well
We can turn on your gas, electricity and water, find furniture, sort out bills, help you manage money and claim benefits. 

Make the most of your neighbourhood
We'll show you local shops, services and leisure facilities, and help you look for jobs, training or courses.

Get in touch with extra help
We can set up expert advice on things like debt or mental health problems; and get in touch with organisations for you.

To get this service you will probably:

  • have difficulty with everyday tasks or domestic affairs; or
  • find it hard to keep to your tenancy agreement; or
  • feel vulnerable because of crime or disorder; or
  • be socially isolated because of illness or bereavement.

We help you get on your feet and live independently, so after a time you won't need us any more! But you can always come back if you need help in the future.


Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?