Independence at home: our housing support service
If you're not coping well on your own, or you're moving to a new home, we can give you a helping hand.
Our Housing Support Service can help you:
- set up and run your home well
We can turn on your gas, electricity and water, find furniture, sort out bills, help you manage money and claim benefits, and advise you about being a good tenant.
- make the most of your neighbourhood
We'll point you towards local shops and services, and help you look for jobs, training or courses and leisure facilities.
- get in touch with extra help
We can set up expert advice on things like debt, mental health, drugs or alcohol; and contact social services or other organisations for you.
- have difficulty with everyday tasks or domestic affairs; or
- find it hard to keep to your tenancy agreement; or
- feel vulnerable because of crime or disorder; or
- be socially isolated because of illness or bereavement.
What do you get?
You get your own support worker who'll talk through your problems. They'll agree a 'support plan' that tells you what to expect and how often they'll visit.
Our aim is to help you get on your feet and live independently - so, after a time, you won't need us any more! But you can always come back if you need help in the future.