Homes and property Housing support to live independently

Who it's for

Housing-related support services are mainly delivered by voluntary and community organisations, and registered providers. Different organisations provide support to different groups, and depending on the issues you’re facing, the eligibility criteria can vary, but for any kind of support, you need to be at least 16 years old, and be resident in, or have a connection to Manchester.

The main groups of people who will require support are:

  • Homeless people, including rough sleepers
  • Young people at risk of harm, including care leavers
  • Older People living in sheltered/retirement housing
  • People with mental health issues
  • People with drug or alcohol issues
  • People with an offending history, or who are at risk of reoffending
  • People experiencing domestic abuse
  • Refugees
  • Travellers
Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.