Homes and property Housing support to live independently

Support for people with a mental health problem

There are two types of support available to people with mental health problems:

  • Floating support, which is support delivered in people’s own homes, and
  • Accommodation-based services, which are for people who live in places where other support is on-hand.

For accommodation-based services, you must have an assessed mental health need and meet the national eligibility criteria. Mental health assessments are carried out by the Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.

You can also look for services on Help and Support Manchester, our online service directory.


Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.