What neighbourhood investment funds are
The Neighbourhood Investment Fund (NIF) is available to communities to make their neighbourhoods better places to live; we're supporting local people by encouraging groups to apply.
£20,000 of NIF is available to every area (ward) in Manchester each year - to help groups carry out events and initiatives that benefit local people and are environmentally sustainable.
Please contact your local Neighbourhood Officer before submitting your application via NIF@manchester.gov.uk to discuss how your proposal will contribute to the Ward Plan and/or Ward Climate Plan.
You can find out more about the Council’s commitment to climate action here: Zero-Carbon Manchester strategy.
What your Neighbourhood Investment Fund could be used for
The fund can be used for many things including:
- supporting groups of residents back into employment or training;
- establishing new community groups;
- supporting established groups, new groups and delivering local projects;
- improving the physical environment;
- tackling climate change through activities such as greening, rewilding, local food projects, awareness raising/ engagement activities around climate change, repair workshops/sessions, increasing composting, increasing recycling, reducing waste, green travel initiatives, improvements to air quality;
- other activities important to your neighbourhood.
- If your application involves holding an event, please follow the recommended advice in the Sustainable Events Guide.