Services at North City library
At this library, we offer more services in addition to those already mentioned:
- enlarge text and images in your book, letter, newspaper etc by magnifying the image onto a screen using the ClearView reader. The image can be adjusted to suit you either by magnification, colour combination or both;
- read printed material using a scanning system, either on a stand-alone machine or on the computer and speech reader, using Kurzweil 1000 reading software;
- find information relating to various aspects of visual impairment, including local and national organisations;
- daily newspapers and information resources available online;
- Perkins Braillers available for use within the library;
- reading aids;
- large screen monitors and adapted keyboards;
- three computers accessible for visually impaired people, available to book during all opening hours.
We can help you get started if you're not familiar with the technology.
Getting to North City library
Address: North City Library, Rochdale Road, Harpurhey M9 4AF (The North City Library, VIP Unit, level 3, meeting room A);
Telephone: 0161 219 6442
VIP Unit opening hours: Tuesdays from 1pm to 4pm (other times are available by advance booking).
Library opening hours: Monday and Tuesday 9am to 8pm; Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 5pm; Saturday 9am to 1pm, then 2 to 5pm