Manchester City Council

Births, marriages, deaths & nationality Organise a marriage

Marriage ceremonies at the Manchester Register Office

(Please note that before you can get married you must give a notice of marriage.)

Ceremonies at the Manchester Register Office are held in the Pankhurst Suite.

Within the Pankhurst Suite is a large ceremony room which can accommodate up to seventy guests, a large waiting area for guests and a small private waiting room especially for the use of the couple.

Two witnesses are required. The witnesses can be anybody, including family members, but they must both be over the age of 16, speak English and understand what is taking place.

For those wanting a basic ceremony, with just two witnesses and no guests, there are some times during the week when the Pankhurst Suite can be booked at a lower fee, but availability is limited (see Standard Ceremony fees information).

The Pankhurst Suite is very popular as a marriage venue, particularly in the busy summer months. In view of this you can provisionally book, your ceremony in the Pankhurst Suite, up to 24 months before it is due to take place. This will allow you to go ahead and make your other arrangements knowing that the time and venue for your ceremony has been fixed.

To book your ceremony in the Pankhurst Suite, please contact the Register Office on 0161 234 5005. (Please note that this is a very busy line. If you have difficulty getting through, you can send us an email with details of your enquiry, and your daytime telephone number incase we need to phone you back.

You will need to pay a non-refundable deposit, of £40.00, when you book.

More information about the ceremony and the fees.

Heron House, is currently undergoing necessary refurbishment during 2018, possibly up to March 2019.  But please don’t worry - these works will not have an impact on our ceremony room or waiting room which will remain intact and fully functional throughout.

Although there is scaffolding placed around the building, we have agreed with the contractors that our entrance must remain unobscured.

Your ceremony and making your day special is our number one priority and we do not envisage that the planned works will impact upon this.

If you have any queries about this please contact the ceremonies section by email at and one of our dedicated ceremonies team will get  back to you.


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?