So you think you might want an allotment?
Allotment site waiting lists - November 2020
Unfortunately, due to the very high demand during the Covid-19 lockdown, all our allotment site waiting lists are currently closed to new applications. If you applied before 30 October 2020 we will contact you when a plot becomes available, but are unable to update you on your current position in the waiting list.
Growing Manchester is a community food growing programme that helps to support local people and food growing projects to achieve our shared ambition to grow and live sustainably. Find out more on joining a local food growing group
The benefits of having an allotment
If you enjoy working outdoors and like a challenge then an allotment could be perfect for you. Allotments can be hard work at times but seeing your fruit and vegetables grow is reward enough.
- Enjoying growing your own fruit and vegetables throughout the whole year;
- Great way to exercise by using nature’s natural gym;
- Enjoy seeing your allotment thrive, which means improved happiness and well-being;
- Good way to make new friends and work with like-minded people;
- Saving money by growing your own food; and
- Doing your bit for the environment. Protecting an open green space and maintaining habitats for hundreds of wildlife species.
Find your nearest allotment site