Allotment site waiting lists - April 2021
All our allotment sites have a waiting list, but they are all currently closed to new applications because of the very high demand during lockdown. We will only contact you if you applied online before 30 October 2020 and a plot becomes available.
If you don't yet have your own plot, you could get involved with Growing Manchester instead. This is a community food growing programme that helps to support local people and food growing projects to achieve our shared ambition to grow and live sustainably. Find out more about joining a local food growing group
The benefits of having an allotment
If you enjoy working outdoors and like a challenge then an allotment could be perfect for you. Allotments can be hard work at times but seeing your fruit and vegetables grow is reward enough.
- Enjoying growing your own fruit and vegetables throughout the whole year;
- Great way to exercise by using nature’s natural gym;
- Enjoy seeing your allotment thrive, which means improved happiness and well-being;
- Good way to make new friends and work with like-minded people;
- Saving money by growing your own food; and
- Doing your bit for the environment. Protecting an open green space and maintaining habitats for hundreds of wildlife species.
Find your nearest allotment site