Employment Advice and Support
Did you know that it's illegal for employers to discriminate against you because of your age? There is also no legal age at which you have to retire.
- Help and support for older workers - Gov.uk provides up to date guidance for working past 50, aimed at older workers who want to work longer. It also offers advice to employers about the benefits of employing older workers.
- Job seeking advice - careers advice, work clubs, and more top tips
- Starting a business - essential tips and advice on starting your own business
- Pensions and retirement - information from the Money Advice Service, including retirement advice, types of pension and retirement income, and information on automatic enrolment
- Age UK - work and learning information from the UK's largest charity working with older people
- Restless.co.uk - Read tips and advice on jobs, money, courses and lifestyle for over 50s
- No Desire To Retire - the home of over 50s talent. Look for work or hire talent over 50's
- Workingwise.co.uk - Helping experienced workers find fulfilling jobs
- Various volunteering opportunities - visit the Council's volunteering pages
- Volunteer Centre Manchester - provides information, support and training to Manchester residents who want to volunteer. The site is managed by Macc.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) - an organisation providing support and resources for all aspects of volunteering
- Manchester Carers Forum - Led by unpaid carers, many members of their team have joined as volunteers. Various volunteering opportunities available, including peer support and befriending
- The Royal Voluntary Service - offer a variety of volunteering roles assisting older people with practical and social support at home and in hospital