Manchester City Council

Technical problems

We are experiencing problems with some of our online forms. Please keep trying to submit your form, we are working on a solution. Sorry for any inconvenience.


Social services Your social worker

What your social worker will do

They’ll arrange where you’ll live while you’re in care. They’ll find the best place to give you what you need. They’ll talk to you about where you’ll live, so you know what to expect. They’ll also work with your family and your carer to make sure you know why you’re in care, what’s going to happen and how long you might be in care.

The first thing they’ll do is to create a plan for you to make sure you’re settled and secure. This is called your Care Plan. It covers everything from where you live, when and how you see your family, to where you go to school and how we care for your health.

To make this plan, your Social worker will talk to your family, the important people in your life and, most of all, you. Once it’s written, they’ll make sure that it’s followed and that you’re well looked after.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?