Manchester City Council

Social services Your education

Your personal education plan

All children in care get a personal education plan – a PEP for short. PEPs are special plans to help you do well in your school work and fit in with other people. Your designated teacher will work out with you what should go in your PEP – they’ll give you a booklet to help you understand and arrange a meeting.

Your social worker, carer or parent will be invited to the meeting too, but the most important person there will be you. You’ll help to decide what you want to achieve in each school year, so you’ll have a PEP meeting after the summer holidays. Later in the year, there’ll be another meeting to see how the PEP is working for you.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?