Home to School travel application process
There are four stages to supported school travel applications.
Parent, carer or young person completes a Travel Assistance Application Form.
- Home to School Transport (HTST) receives Application. On receipt of the application an assessment of eligibility will be undertaken.
- At this stage the application will either progress to Stage 3 or be declined. The parent, carer or young person will be informed of the outcome within 10 working days of receiving the application.
- If the application form does not contain enough information to complete the initial evaluation it will be returned to the parent/carer. The 30 day consultation period will commence on the receipt of the updated application.
Once the application has been approved a HTST Officer will contact the parent, carer or young person and make arrangements for a for a review and risk assessment.
- The HTST Officer will determine a travel solution and put it in place.
- Parents, carers or young person should allow up to 30 working days from the date the application was received to the start of any approved travel support to access education and training.
- For college or further education applicants only - An invoice will be issued for a contribution towards the cost of the travel solution if necessary.
If the application appears likely to take longer due to specific circumstances beyond the control of the Council, the parent, carer or young person will be notified by the Council and an estimate of the actual time needed to process the application will be given.