Benefits and support Local Housing Allowance (LHA)

If you rent from a private landlord the amount of help you can get towards your rent is based on your Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rate. Check your LHA rate here

Many people now need to claim Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit to get help with their housing costs. Check whether you should claim Universal Credit or Housing Benefit and find out what to do for help with Council Tax.

Sorry, but students can't usually claim housing benefit. See Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support for students.

Read the full rules for Local Housing Allowance.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?