Benefits and support Housing Benefit and Universal Credit information for landlords

What to do if you have not received the Housing Benefit

Claims can be delayed if there is a mistake on the form or we don’t get the evidence we need. Your tenant should claim online, straight away even if they can't immediately provide all the evidence we ask for.

If you haven't received a payment after eight weeks contact us in writing online before you take action against the tenant. We will check what has happened and pay their Housing Benefit as soon as possible.

If you tell us your tenant owes you eight weeks rent or more and they do not dispute this, we will make the payments direct to you. Contact us online make the request in writing.

Contact us to request direct payments at

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.