Social services Your personal advisor and pathway plan

Personal Adviser

Your Personal Adviser or ‘PA’ will be your main point of contact with the leaving care service and provide support to help you make a successful transition to adulthood.

  • When you are 16 you will be allocated a PA from the Leaving Care Team. All care leavers should know who their PA is and how to contact them if you don't, please contact the Leaving Care Team.
  • You have the right to PA support up to the age of 25
  • The PA will work alongside your Social Worker
  • It’s your PAs job to make sure you have a Pathway Plan and it is kept up-to-date until you reach 21
  • Where possible, we make sure you keep the same PA until the age of 21,
  • Until you reach 21 your PA will see you at least once every two months and keep in touch between visits.

If you are a looked after child supported by the Children with Disability Team, your Social Worker will support your transition to Adult Services. When you are 16, the leaving care team will allocate you a PA to work alongside your Social Worker. Your PA will take over the preparation of your Pathway Plan when you leave care at 18.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.