Council tax How your council tax band is decided

How to appeal if you think you're in the wrong council tax band

If you think your property is in the wrong council tax band for one of the following reasons you can use this form to let us know:

  • new property 
  • demolished property
  • change of use (business rates to Council Tax or Council Tax to business rates)
  • split or merged property
  • structural changes (for example, loft, garage, basement conversion, new extension, removal of extension)
  • name or numbering enquiry

Alternatively you should contact the Government Valuation Office Agency to appeal a council tax decision

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.