Payment services

We are unable to take online payments at the moment, but our automated payment line is unaffected on 0161 234 5006


Roads and transport Road markings and signs

Tourist signs

Tourist signs have a brown background and are often referred to as "brown signs". They are used to direct you to tourist attractions such as:

  • picnic areas
  • museums/galleries
  • parks/gardens
  • sporting facilities
  • hotels/guest houses

A tourist sign can't be used to direct you to a community facility. If you want one of these apply for a community sign instead.

Tourist signs are paid for by the business asking for the sign. The first sign costs around £1,000 with extra signs for the same location costing £500 each plus.

If you apply for a tourist sign we charge you £600 for a feasibility study to see if we can supply the signs. This is not refundable and does not guarantee that we will be able to provide them. We will send you to our payment page at the end of the form.

We will only remove or make a sign safe should damage occur. The organisation is responsible for maintenance.

Or report a problem with a sign

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.