The Council and democracy Voter ID

If you don’t have any acceptable form of photo ID 

If you don’t already have an accepted form of photo ID, or you’re not sure whether your photo ID still looks like you, you can apply for a free voter ID document, known as a Voter Authority Certificate. You need to be registered to vote before you apply for a Voter Authority Certificate. 

When you register to vote, you’ll be asked whether you have photo ID or if you want to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate, which is a separate process .

Apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate on the site

More information on the requirements for voter ID can be found on the Electoral Commission website

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.