People and communities Problems paying the rent?

Problems paying the rent/mortgage?


If you are struggling to pay your rent:

Help if you rent from a social landlord

Get advice if you're having trouble paying rent to your social landlord

Help if you rent from a private landlord

Get help and support from the Citizens Advice Bureau's advice on renting

Help if you are worried about homelessness

Get advice by visiting the Advise Aid website.


If you're having problems paying your mortgage, take action quickly to avoid getting in debt. Get help, see the Citizens Advice Bureau's advice on mortgages.

Legal action

Get specific help if legal action is being taken against you.

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.