You may be entitled to get basic furniture or household goods if you are moving home for urgent reasons because:
- you fear violence at your current address; or
- you have significant health or care needs; or
- you have suffered a disaster or emergency; or
- your move is part of a supported resettlement programme or emergency rehousing.
You may also be entitled to basic furniture or household goods to support someone to stay within their home and maintain independent living.
We only provide goods, not cash. Each item will be delivered to your home, installed if necessary, and will come with a one-year warranty.
See if you're eligible
To apply you must:
- live in the area covered by Manchester City Council; and
- be 16 or over; and
- have no capital or savings; and
- get one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Guaranteed Pension Credit
You apply through our 'welfare provision' scheme. You can only apply online, and you will need to know your National Insurance number. See where you can use computers for free.
Please read our Welfare Provision Scheme Privacy Notice
If you are not eligible you can look for second hand furniture as a more affordable option