If you are having financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19 measures please see our pages about benefits and money
You can apply for a cash grant of between £30 and £60 if you are in crisis or have an emergency that's out of your control.
Do not submit more than one application for half-term free school meals. We're experiencing very high demand and are processing applications as quickly as possible.
See if you're eligible
To apply you must:
- live in the area covered by Manchester City Council; and
- be 16 or over; and
- have no capital or savings; and
- get one of the following benefits; Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or Guaranteed Pension Credit
- not be experiencing hardship because of a decision by the Department of Work and Pensions (if you are, visit the DWP website or call 0345 608 8545); and
- not have already received a cash grant within the last 12 months.
we have temporarily amended the scheme eligibility criteria for a time limited period in response to COVID-19. Support is also offered to carers, including those households where a child or young person is the carer to ensure the ongoing health and well being of both the carer and the person who needs care. The carer does not need to meet the following criteria.
How the cash grant is paid
If your application is successful, we'll email you a cash voucher that you'll need to print out. If you can't print this see ways to get in touch to let us know.
You can use the voucher anywhere that has a 'Paypoint' terminal and will need to take an official letter or bill that confirms your name and address.
You apply for a cash grant through our 'welfare provision' scheme. You can only apply online and you will need to know your National Insurance number to apply.