You can apply for a cash grant of between £30 and £60 if you are in crisis or have an emergency that's out of your control.
To be eligible you must:
- live in the area covered by Manchester City Council; and
- be 16 or over; and
- have no capital or savings; and
- get one of the following benefits; Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or Guaranteed Pension Credit
- not be experiencing hardship because of a decision by the Department of Work and Pensions (if you are, visit the DWP website or call 0345 608 8545); and
- not have already received a cash grant within the last 12 months, or
We are also temporarily offering support to carers, including households where a child or young person is the carer. The carer does not need to meet the eligibility criteria.
Please read our Welfare Provision Scheme Privacy Notice