Council tax Pay your council tax

If you've just moved, you'll need to register your new address with us before you can set up payments.

To pay by direct debit or by card you will need your council tax reference number - you can find it on your bill.

Once you've done this you can:

Direct debit is the best way to pay. Simple, quick and safe. Just give us the details once, and we'll do the rest. So no need to remember to pay. Spread your payments over the year. You can pay over 10 months or over 12 months.

You need your debit or credit card and your council tax reference number. Paying like this keeps your costs down, but it means you have to remember when to pay.

Changing your direct debit

If you are already paying by direct Debit and want to change your payment date, you can do it here or sign up to our online portal where you can view you Council Tax account information and make changes to your Direct Debit

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.