Tell us about your change of address straight away so you pay the right amount of council tax.
New to Manchester or registering to pay council tax for the first time
You must register for council tax as soon as you move here. We will then send your bill. You have until 31 March to pay it.
Tell us about your change of address and register for council tax at the same time - choose 'I am not registered for eCitizen but would like to register for council tax at my new address'.
Check that your new address is in Manchester, or find out which local authority it is in.
Moving from one Manchester address to another, or moving outside Manchester altogether
Use the online form below to tell us. You will need:
- Your council tax reference - it's on your bill.
- Bank details if you want to set up a direct debit to pay your council tax.
- Email address if you want a receipt or to get your bills by email.
- If you are a tenant: your landlord or agent's details and details of any joint tenants.
- If you are the owner: solicitor's details and details of joint owners.
If you get Council Tax Support don't forget to tell the Benefits Service about your change of address.
Don't use this form if
- If you are under 18 and live alone
- If you are leaving the UK
Please contact using this general contact form instead.
Manage and check your account online
Request a PIN when you report your change of address or register now to see your bills, change your direct debit details and turn off paper billing,
Check the council tax charge for your new address
Register to vote at your new address