What we're doing now
We strive to support any Manchester resident who needs it.
Our priority is to try and prevent people becoming homeless.
We have advice services and commission other organisations to help people with:
- Housing issues (including landlords not addressing disrepair)
- Money issues (including rent arrears or problems with benefits)
- Landlord issues (including illegal evictions and harassment by landlords)
- Personal issues (including people being asked to leave by a family member or friend and domestic abuse)
We can also support people to access affordable housing in the private rented sector.
We have temporary accommodation places for people who are homeless including singles, couples and families, as well as those who are sleeping rough. We support people in to permanent accommodation.
Homeless support for people sleeping rough
We have an outreach team who work with people who are sleeping rough to offer help and support seven days a week. If you are worried about someone who is sleeping rough please let us know.
Our partner Street Support works to connect people with organisations that can help people sleeping rough. We also work closely with, and commission, homeless charities and organisations in Manchester, including:
- The Booth Centre
- Coffee for Craig
- Riverside Hostels
- Accommodation for Young People
- Citizens Advice
- Manchester Move
- Work with partners to improve our services via the Manchester Homelessness Charter
- Support the Big Change MCR campaign, which works with charities, voluntary and public sector organisations to provide real, long-term solutions to homelessness
- Support the A Bed Every Night scheme, which aims to provide a bed and personal support for anyone who is sleeping rough or at imminent risk of sleeping rough in Greater Manchester.