Henry Watson Music Library
Create, listen, and learn
The Henry Watson Music Library is now bigger and better than ever before. You can:
- borrow from our vast collection of printed music and books on music
- consult our fantastic range of music periodicals with historical back runs and the collected editions
- compose your own music using our computers
- DJ on our mixing desk
- use our collection of instruments to learn to play the piano or the drums, strum a tune on the guitar or jam with your friends - all for free!
- listen to our collection of CDs and DVDs in the library or at home, from our two music streaming services: Music Online and Naxos Music Library
- consult our world-renowned research collection of manuscripts and early printed music. Pre-1850 and rare material and Henry Watson's own collection are held in the library's strong rooms. These books are available for use in Central Library search room with at least one day's notice. You can make an appointment to view books in the search room.
- see our unique archive manuscripts on display for the first time ever
- request orchestral or choral sets
To book an instrument or music workstation, email firstname.lastname@example.org