Login issues

Some customers are not able to log in to their account at the moment. We're investigating and will fix this as soon as possible.


Benefits and support The evidence you need to send us for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Provide evidence when you have claimed benefits or reported a change in your circumstances

You must always support your claim to Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support with evidence of what you tell us.

You must also provide evidence when you tell us about a change that might affect your benefit.

If you are claiming for yourself and a partner, you must provide evidence about your partner as well.

What to do next

If you have completed the online claim form you will have a list of evidence that we need before we can process your claim.

If we have written to you about your claim, you must provide any further evidence we have asked for.

The links on the left show examples of documents we can accept as evidence.

If we have asked for evidence of National Insurance number and/or identity for yourself and your partner you cannot upload them here. You must post the original documents to the address at the bottom of the page instead.

Upload your evidence here

Have your benefits claim number ready - you need it to complete the evidence upload.

If you can't provide evidence immediately

If it isn't possible to provide evidence when you make your claim or tell us about a change, you should provide it within a few days.

If you don't get the evidence to us within a month of making a claim, we may not be able to pay you any benefit at all.

If you don't send us evidence of a change, you may not get what you are entitled to. If you get too much you will have to pay it back - or have your benefit stopped. You could even face criminal charges for fraud.

If you haven't got the evidence we need

If you haven't got it, or it is difficult to get, let us know as soon as possible. Email benefit.enquiries@manchester.gov.uk

If, for any reason, you are unable to upload your evidence here you can post everything to us at the Revenues and Benefits Unit, PO Box 3, Manchester, M15 5BA.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.