Benefits and support Help with rent and Council Tax for students

Students from abroad

If you come from outside Europe, you will probably not be able to get any Housing Benefit, help with rent from Universal Credit, Council Tax Support or Second Adult Rebate. It depends on the conditions under which you came into this country. This is the case even if you are in any of the groups of full-time students who may be able to get these benefits.  

About Council Tax for students. (including discounts and exemptions)

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.