The Council and democracy Register to vote

If you have moved house since you last voted you must re-register at your new address. Everyone eligible in your home must register individually. 

You’ll need your National Insurance Number. If you can't find it you can find a lost national insurance number online or call the NI helpline: 0300 200 3502.

Once we've checked your application to register we'll write to either confirm that you're registered or to ask for more detail.

To check if you are registered to vote, send your full name and address by email to

You can check when your name will appear on the register.

If you need help

If needed, the Electoral Services Unit can complete an application for you. Ask for their help by email to or call 0161 234 1212.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.