Manchester City Council

The Council & democracy Register to vote

Register to vote if you're in the Armed Forces

People in the armed forces, and their spouses and civil partners, can register to vote as a service voter or an ordinary voter.

If you're based overseas, or expect to be posted abroad in the next year, register as a service voter. This allows you to be registered at a fixed address in the UK even if you move around. A service voter registration also lasts for five years so, once you're registered, you shouldn't have to worry about it while posted overseas.

You will need your service number handy.

If however you are based in the UK for the foreseeable future, we recommend you Register to vote as an ordinary elector.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?