Casting your vote
Always follow the Covid-related guidance; there will be signs, floor markings and hand sanitiser for you to use.
When it's your turn:
- Go to the desk and tell the staff your name and address. They will give you your ballot paper(s)
- Take your ballot paper(s) to a voting booth (every station has at least one low height polling booth)
- Read the instructions in the booth and mark your ballot paper(s)
- When you have marked your ballot paper(s) fold them so that nobody can see how you have voted
- Put your folded ballot paper(s) into the ballot box.
If you need help to make your vote
You can ask a member of staff for help if you're visually impaired or need a large-print ballot paper. If your disability means that you need help to mark your ballot paper, you may bring someone with you, but they and the Presiding Officer must sign a form so that we have a formal record.
Online information for carers gives details of how to support anyone you care for to cast their vote.