Prepare people and pets for a flood
To make sure you, your pets and your family and friends are better protected from flooding, you can:
- Listen to your local radio and TV weather forecasts and for advice from the emergency services.
- Check on your neighbours living nearby, especially vulnerable or older people on your street.
- Store food and water upstairs or as high as possible.
- Fill jugs and saucepans with clean water in case you have to turn the water mains off.
- Take your prescriptions and move them as high as possible or keep them with you.
- Charge your mobile phone up.
- Bring caged outdoor pets inside and move all pets along with their food, water, bedding and litter trays upstairs or as high as possible.