Manchester City Council

Some services may be unavailable

Between 8pm and midnight on Thursday 26 May, some services may not be available because of essential maintenance.

Services that may be affected.


Roads, parking & transport Concessionary travel passes


Free school travel passes and cycle vouchers

Some children get a free travel pass to get to and from school on a bus, train or tram in Greater Manchester. Secondary pupils can choose a cycle voucher instead of a pass.

See who qualifies and how to apply

Low fares for under-16s

There's a range of other travel passes and reduced fares for under-16s.

See who qualifies and how to apply at the Transport for Greater Manchester website.

Special educational needs?

Pupils with a statement of special educational needs can get free school travel. See who qualifies and how to apply

You could also get extra transport help from our Travel Co-ordination Unit.

Lost your free travel pass?

Email passes& for replacements or call Transport for Greater Manchester on 0161 244 1050. 

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?