Who can apply?
Eligible people over the age of 60 and eligible disabled people are entitled to free travel on off-peak local bus services across England - but only if they hold the national travel pass. The smartcard style national pass was introduced in April 2008, it entitles Greater Manchester pass holders to free travel on the county's tram and train network after 9.30am, with concessionary fares before then.
Permits are available for the following groups, if they meet specified criteria:
- People who are registered blind/or partially sighted
- People who are profoundly deaf/severely deaf
- People without natural speech
- People with learning disabilities
- People with disabilities affecting their ability to work or who have been refused a driving licence on medical grounds
- Senior Citizens
- Scholars (under 16) (16 - 19)
For more detail see the concessionary fares page of the Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) website.