Counselling and mental health courses
This course is for:
- Those who are considering working in a counselling or mental health profession
- Those who have a duty of care for the mental wellbeing of others in their workplace
- Those who have a general interest in mental health and wellbeing
You will learn about:
- Common mental health conditions
- The role of a counsellor
- Treatment of mental health conditions
- Mental health conditions and destructive behaviour
- Supporting mental health conditions in the workplace
We offer the following qualifications:
- Level1 Award in Mental Health Awareness – for those who want to gain a general understanding of mental health conditions and how they can affect peoples’ lives
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills – for those who are considering working as a counsellor in either a professional or volunteer capacity
- Level 3 Certificate in Mental Health – for those who want to take their understanding of mental health conditions further or may be considering working in a related field
- Our team will advise which is best for you, depending on your current skills and experience
Courses are delivered from Manchester Adult Education Services adult learning centres across the city. See venues.
Online learning is also available.
There are weekly sessions running from April 2022 to July 2022 and we have options on different days across the city.
If you have any questions about how to join a course, please telephone: 0161 219 6733.