These courses are for:
- Adults who are interested in developing the skills required to become an interpreter/translator
- Those who can speak English AND another language fluently.
You will learn:
- The required skills and qualities of an interpreter
- Interpreting ethical codes
- Different types of interpreting including consecutive, whispered and on sight translation
- Building comprehensive glossaries of key vocabulary required in the most common interpreting
- What working as an interpreter / translator involves and how to find work
You can gain qualifications:
- Level 2 Award – Community Interpreting
Courses are delivered online.
We have both daytime and evening courses available starting April 2022 and May 2022 and running through to July 2022.
If you have any questions about how to join a course, please telephone: 0161 219 6733.