We have had to make significant changes to the services we offer, due to the Covid 19 pandemic
- For current information about our service please read our Coronavirus update
You can do a number of things online, such as:
- book an appointment to register a birth,
- book an appointment to register a death,
- book an appointment to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership
- pay the balance of the fee for a marriage or civil partnership.
- buy copy certificates
For other things you might need to contact us another way.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to contact us by phone during the current pandemic.
If you are unable to find the answer to your query on the website, please send us an email, including details of your enquiry, and your contact number in case we need to phone you back. We will respond to your email as soon as we can, but due to the very high number of enquiries we are receiving, it is very unlikely that we will be able to provide a same day response.
If you do not have access to email, please ask someone else to email us on your behalf.
Out of office hours help in an emergency
If you need to, you can contact us in an emergency, such as:
- a burial required within 24 hours
- an urgent issue about a ceremony due to take place imminently
- an urgent marriage or civil partnership
The Register Office
47 Lloyd Street
Manchester M2 5LE
How to find us
Manchester Register Office is located in Heron House, which is on the corner of Albert Square and Lloyd Street, opposite Manchester Town Hall. There are several entrances to Heron House; the entrance for the Register Office is on Lloyd Street. (There is a black canopy over the entrance with a sign saying Lloyd Street on the top of it)