Manchester City Council

Benefits & support Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support for students

Evidence we need to see when you claim

As well as a fully filled-in claim form and the usual evidence we need to see students must send us:

  • A copy of their student financial support letter.
  • Full details of their course, including term dates and which year you are in.

For Second Adult Rebate claims, we need evidence of your second adult's income. For 'student-only' Second Adult Rebate we also need a student certificate for each student. Students at Manchester University, Manchester Metropolitan University, Bolton University, Manchester College of Law, Royal Northern College of Music and Manchester Victoria College can give us their university ID (student) number instead of a student certificate.

About Council Tax for students. (including discounts and exemptions)

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?