We’ll do everything we can to help you to reach your potential and feel like part of your community.
- Volunteering - We can help you find voluntary work or opportunities to gain work experience
- Mentors - We can get you a trained mentor to help you transition into adulthood
- Signposting - We’ll provide information about, and support to attend, groups, clubs or activities you want to get involved in.
- Events - We hold regular events for care leavers including free clothing events
- Arts - You can get discounted theatre and cinema tickets at HOME.
- Exercise - We can help you find gyms and leisure centres for a discounted rate or for free.
- Vote - We’ll help you register to vote
- Your life story - We can help you access your records and cover any fees to get them
- Celebrate - We’ll mark your achievements at the Manchester Achievement Awards and the Greater Manchester Care Leavers Awards
- Voice and influence - We listen to your views about how we should support you. There’s lots of ways to get involved with the service and have your say:
- Join the ‘Digital Voice Group’
- Sit on the Manchester City Council care leavers board
- Be part of interview panels when we recruit new staff
- Join the supported lodgings young people’s panel and interview prospective supported lodgings providers
- Be part of our online community and join the leaving care service closed facebook group - The Manchester BeeHive
Read about the Care Leavers Covenant and how it can help you.
To sign up to receive the latest news from the leaving care team on things like upcoming events.