If you are in care at the moment, your Personal Adviser(PA) will support you with getting ready to leave care, including finding somewhere to call home. Information on where you are going to live will be part of your Pathway Plan.
If you’re over 18, your PA will help you to find the right place to live.
This might involve:
- helping you with applications
- working with housing services to come up with the right options for you
- going to housing interviews with you.
There are a range of different options of where you can live, including:
- Staying put- where you stay living with your current foster carer(s), if that’s what you all want
- Semi-independent accommodation- when you live in a property where you have some space of your own but you are supported in some way by staff - this can be anything from regular visits to them working or living on-site
- Supported living- if you have a disability and you need help in your home
- Independent living:
- this would involve you renting (or buying) a property in the private sector, or renting social housing (sometimes called ‘council housing’)
- you can also access support for independent living with The House Project
We’ll help you find whatever is right for you. See what support your Personal Adviser can give.