Trade casually at neighbourhood markets

  1. Summary

    If you want to sell goods or services on a casual basis at either Longsight market one of the neighbourhood markets, including the second-hand and mixed markets, or Gorton pop-up market, you need to apply for a casual registration agreement.

  2. Fees

    None for the application however market occupancy charges will apply.

  3. Application and guidance notes

    Apply to trade casually

  4. Attachments required

    a) A recent passport-sized colour photo of yourself;

    b) Colour proof of your right to work in the UK;

    c) Two documents dated within the last three months showing your full name and home address (one document can include your current council tax bill);

    d) Proof of your valid public liability insurance policy providing a minimum cover of £5million or NMTF membership card;

    e) Proof of your food premise registration for the market you are applying to trade at (if you are selling food and drink);

    f) Your certificate of registration as dealer in second-hand goods at the market (if you are selling second-hand goods).

  5. Processing and timescales

    Providing the application is valid it will be processed within 14 days.

    If you are approved we will send you a casual registration agreement.

  6. Legislation

    Read the legislation

  7. Validity and renewals

    Registration will remain in force until the expiry of your public liability insurance or visa, whichever is the soonest, unless it is changed or cancelled. Where the details you have registered with us change, you must provide notification within 14 days of the changes.

    If you want to change what you want to sell, you'll need to change your occupancy agreement.

  8. Eugo Logo

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.