As the Lead Local Flood Authority, we manage the risk of flooding from ordinary watercourses, surface water and groundwater in Manchester.
We work in partnership with other organisations to manage flood risk, deliver flood schemes and help communities to become more resilient to flooding.
Our responsibilities include:
- Developing a Strategy for managing local flood risk;
- Establishing and maintaining a register of flood risk management assets;
- Advising on sustainable drainage and flood risk in the Planning process;
- Investigating flooding incidents and assist in identifying the party responsible for resolving the problem; and
- Issuing Land Drainage Consents for works on ordinary watercourses.