If you're struggling to make ends meet, there might be ways that you could reduce your household costs.
Try these top tips to save money at home on energy bills:
- Keep the heat in by keeping your doors and curtains closed, especially in rooms you don’t use.
- If you have laminate or tiled floors in your home, pop a rug down. 10% of heat can be lost through the floor.
- Switch to LED bulbs they use 75% less energy.
- Save money on your energy bills by bleeding your radiators regularly. Then your boiler doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Get thrifty in the kitchen with air fryers and slow cookers. These are tasty ways of reducing energy bills and saving money.
- Citizens Advice Manchester have lots of energy saving tips
- The Energy Saving Trust will help keep your energy usage under control
- Using computers for free at your local library can help reduce your mobile data usage
- Pay your Council tax by Direct Debit or spread your bill over 12 months
- Claim free school meals for your children
- Apply for free childcare if your child is four years old or under
- Help pay for your travel to work
- Take advantage of free school holiday activities
- Compare available cheaper mobile, broadband and energy deals at Moneysavingexpert.com
- Take advantage of Healthy Start vitamins drops (drops for babies, tablets for adults)
- Social Tariffs for cheaper broadband and phone packages - Discounted deals for people claiming benefits.