Check if you can foster
To be a foster carer you must:
- be 21 or over; and
- live in Greater Manchester; and
- have a spare bedroom, or expect to have one; and
- be happy for us to carry out checks to see that you'll be a good foster carer.
You can be a foster carer if you:
- are in a relationship or single
- are gay or straight
- have your own children or not
- own or rent your home
- have pets in your home or not
- work or not work – as long as you have time to meet a child's needs.
We welcome people from any ethnic background or heritage.
We particularly like to hear from you if you have experience of looking after children, such as if you've been a teacher, a teaching assistant, a childminder, or have parenting experience.
If you want to become a foster carer or find out more:
- call 0800 988 8931 (9am to 4.30pm weekdays)
- or book a telephone call-back