Pay and allowances
How much you get paid depends on your experience and how many children you look after.
As a newly qualified foster carer
You could be paid an average of £300 a week tax-free for one child equivalent to £16,000 a year. That would be the equivalent of a £19,500 salary if you had to pay tax.
If you've fostered before or have significant childcare experience
You could be paid an average of £400 a week tax-free for one child – equivalent to £21,000 a year. That would be the equivalent of a £27,600 salary if you had to pay tax.
If you foster more than one child
You could be paid more for fostering more than one child. For example, if you foster two children you could be paid £800 a week tax-free – equivalent to £42,000 a year. That would be the equivalent of a £63,000 salary if you had to pay tax.
You will get a regular income if you foster with us because we always have children who need a home.
We also provide:
- money for school uniforms, birthdays, Christmas or religious festivals, transport and holidays including petrol for trips over 3 miles
- equipment and funding for any special support the child needs.
We offer other benefits such as:
- excellent professional training
- monthly support groups across the city
- a Manchester Lesiure card that gives your family free access to Manchester Better gyms
- a Max card that gives large discounts on North West attractions
If you want to become a foster carer or find out more:
- book a call-back or an online chat
- or call 0800 988 8931 (9am to 4.30pm weekdays)
- attend a fostering drop-in event