The help and support we provide to foster carers
By fostering you'll make a real difference to children and young people by making them feel safe and secure and offering the love and support they need. See what young people say about fostering.
But we know you need some help and support to make a success of it.
We provide you with:
- an expert social worker to help you through the application process, and through your fostering career
- regular home visits, support and development
- training to help you progress and earn more
- get-togethers with other foster carers, and groups for your own kids so they don't feel left out
- 24-hour help at the end of a phone
- support and advice from FosterTalk, the not-for-profit leading provider of independent support for foster carers in the UK
If you are LGBTQ+ you will get access to the support service New Family Social.
Manchester City Council has been awarded Foster Friendly status — the Fostering Network's programme to encourage employers to support fostering and foster carers.
Don't just take our word for it.
Rhonda is a real foster carer who will tell you about the support she gets.
Please accept marketing-cookies to watch this video.
See what other foster carers have to say.
If you want to become a foster carer or find out more:
- call 0800 988 8931 (9am to 4.30pm weekdays)
- book a telephone call-back
- come along to a fostering event